Monday, September 27, 2004

World on Fire

K, I know that in some ways I am a luddite, I really don't like having Cable TV, DVD player and TV I like having but cable is not on my happy list. Just wastes too much time watching what other people want me to buy, when I can happily download the same show sans commercial and watch it at my leisure. But I have noticed that the one thing I am missing out on is what new music videos are out and from who, also what new shows but there are always more shows than I can watch. But back to my point, this one tune I had heard, but not seen the video for it. I am now glad that I have, in fact this is sitting somewhere very personal for me. It is Sarah McLachlan's new video for World on Fire.

The link http://worldonfire.ca/ goes straight to the video and I think it is great, and not in the gushing, childish sense, I mean that in the "Of outstanding significance or importance: a great work of art. " sense. Briana found this online and I don't know where but if anyone put her onto it I must give you my utmost thanks.

I had realized that inflation had become insane in North America, but this really brought it home. I am feeling like I am back in the late eighties early nineties when everyone was pointing out how bad things were elsewhere and I ignored it because I was just getting bye with my friends and everything else, now I am thinking back going I didn't have much then, but now consumerism has gotten out of control and I am not far away from being its plaything. And this makes me want to rethink that. Hard, rethink that and rethink that and rethink it again, because ..... well maybe that should not be said here ......

Screw it, things are out of control here. I have been saying it for sometime and everyone just looks at me like I am out of my gourd. We are starving our own people, then raising out prices again to make back some of the money we are "losing" because people are not buying as much because they can not afford to. Everyone is scared of the homeless people and the people who are begging for change, so they move to the richer neighborhoods and such and the rich land owners and developers make a profit off of them and never put that money back, as they will penny pinch until they are super rich and by that point someone else has fallen by the way side, and is now begging for some kind of handout. Because in all honesty how many of us if we had the place to give a homeless person a job, or even suggest them for a job, would? But this is the only way we can help ourselves, by making sure they get the basics that they need. I am not talking about junkies, they need to get their lives together, I have some knowledge of this, but I am talking about the rest who need someone to just make them feel loved and not alone. These are things that I think about a lot. I have to go to bed now but I will get back this to very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home