Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Caffeine? Did not realize how it affected me.

I have not had coffee in 5 days now. Not since Bree moved out. I have not felt like having any and have just gotten up and gone about my business in the mornings. Now Chelsea mentioned that I might like to to try a spot of tea, as a more relaxing way of dealing with my beverage needs.

Now I figured "I like tea, that is a great idea", I had a cup of Camomile last night and that was good, and when I got up this morning I had a cup of Orange Pekoe. Then I started to notice that I was getting the jitters and my stomach was starting to get queasy. That's when I realized that it was the tea, I was getting more caffeine than I have had in awhile, and my body was not liking it too much. This is so weird, I'm not sure what to do, I mean do I go back to drinking coffee, just stick to tea, or give it all up? I am tempted to see how my personality deals with being just normal and un-stimulated. I am still drinking coke on occasion, but not as much as I used to.

Give me your opinions, I would love to know what you think.

5 Comments:

At October 6, 2004 at 5:52 PM, Blogger christian said...

I go through phases where I'll drink two or three cups of coffee a day, and then stretches of a week or so without any. and I only started drinking coffee about six months ago.

the caffeine doesn't affect me much, unless I have more than six cups... but it does unsettling things to me. I drink the coffee more for the insane amounts of sugar I put in it, and just to have something in my stomach (rarely eat a proper breakfast). I drink enough soda to negate the caffeine effects, despite always trying to cut down...

I just hate the upset stomach I get from coffee. and I definitely agree with the theme of unpleasant bathroom experiences from "coffee and cigarettes"...

 
At October 11, 2004 at 5:07 PM, Blogger Irrational said...

Or you could to the herbal tea thing. Something like Lemon-zinger will pick you up a bit even if it does taste a little like neo-citron.

 
At October 11, 2004 at 8:48 PM, Blogger mainja said...

i suggest herbal tea. if you can do the no caffiene for a while do it. it results in more effective energy, just less jittery and more, i don't know, hard to describe, solid maybe?

i love mint tea, but there are 8 million different kinds.

 
At October 12, 2004 at 1:01 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Thanks guys, I think I am going to try all of these suggestions and see which ones work for me.

 
At October 12, 2004 at 1:01 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Thanks guys, I think I am going to try all of these suggestions and see which ones work for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home