Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Packratting

I thought I would start a new post about this cause Christian's comment got me talking and I realized that this was something I wanted to post about.

At 9:43 PM, Christian said...

I have more clothes than I know what to do with... but even so, it's like three, maybe four boxes. and I wear the same six or eight shirts over and over again. two pairs of jeans. twelves pairs each undies and socks. I also do laundry on a regular basis...I don't throw out clothes very often because I don't buy new clothes very often... wear stuff until it's threadbare.but I am a horrible packrat. I keep all sorts of useless shit. just not so much on the clothes...



Yeah, I have to say I do pretty much the same thing, I am going to have to try and change that aspect of my personality. Mostly it came from constantly feeling like I did not have enough and that someone might take it away from me, and that I should try and impress people with how much I have. Unfortunately my mother raised me on stories of how wealthy her family is and it tainted my world view, I always have felt that I had to have more things and better things to prove my worth. More books, more movies, more stuff. That started to change with Briana, we had many things that were worth something, I started to realized that my worth was not valued on those things, I did not even use them much, and suddenly I did not need as much to fill that insecurity. But it wasn't until Briana got ready to move and we started throwing things out that I realized how much junk I had been hoarding over the years and damn did it feel good to get rid of so much of it. Still tempted to get rid of more but I think I will have to wait til I get a place to move into and see how much I still need and want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home