Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Yoga and Dancing, maybe not the greatest concept

Ok, I bought a one week pass to Hot Yoga in yaletown, they have a special on for $20. It has been an interesting experience as I have not been exercising much in the last couple of years and my flexibility is down and my muscle strength although good is put to major test by this. I noticed today btw that I have lost a size in two days of yoga, as I have not worn these pants since Saturday and they were fitting well before now they slide off me. I like that feeling.

Now on to my discovery.

Part One: Moshka Yoga dehydrates you quickly, and I mean quickly, 104 degrees will drain everything out of you fast. I strongly suggest a liter and a half of water with you and I am going to start drinking more before I show up. You will sweat in ways that you never thought possible and it will make you think you are in the Gobi with your own personal trainer trying to get you ready for the next Olympics. Its insane and I love it.

Part Two: Going dancing at Celebrities on Tuesdays for Stacked night, the music is anything from the last 30 years, and that includes a lot from today as well. I am most happy with the night plus they had Peaches who is a pro DJ there last night all for $5 and $2 hi-balls. Now I dance hard when I dance, I love to sweat (can you tell from my choice of yoga), it makes me feel like I am achieving something. Besides I love the feel of how strong my muscles get and how flexible I can get. Note to self must go dancing more, is good for my soul.

Problem occurs when you mix part one with part two, I drank several liters of water yesterday both at yoga and at Celebrities, I may have drank more when I got home I do not remember, I do remember just drinking a coke as well. I woke up this morning so sore and dehydrated that I have drunk another liter of water and still feel thirsty but now I am sick of water. It is not right. And to top it off I only got two or three hours of sleep.

All this being said, I strongly suggest either of these activities or better yet both just on different days.

Now I am off to do another day of yoga, I am cheap and have Scottish heritage to back it up and I am going to get the most out of my week long pass.

1 Comments:

At October 27, 2004 at 5:46 PM, Blogger christian said...

I tried pilates once and got so frustrated at my inability to do even the most basic stretches that I gave up. is yoga easier on the noobs? I don't mind an ass kicking workout, but I want to be able to actually DO the workout...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home